Canonical has announced today that the Meizu PRO 5 Ubuntu Edition is now available for purchase. The news comes over two months after pre-orders opened for the device.
The PRO 5 promises to be the first flagship phone to be powered by Ubuntu. Like Microsoft's Windows 10, Ubuntu offers a single platform across devices. If you're an Ubuntu user, this could be the phone you've been waiting for.
Here's what the PRO 5 offers:
- Octa-core Samsung Exynos 7420, quad-core 2.1 GHz ARM Cortex-A57, 1.5 GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A53
- Octa-core ARM Mali-T760 MP8 GPU
- 3 GB RAM
- 32 GB storage, expandable
- 5.7" 1080p AMOLED
- 3050 mAh battery
- 21.16 MP rear camera, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, Sony IMX230 Exmor RS
- 5 MP front camera, f/2 aperture, Omnivision OV5670