Website designing profession is estimated to be one of the highly growing IT professions in the world with so many designers, programmers mushrooming in all corners of the world. But a question comes back to you the designer or programmer ……………… are you doing what it takes to deliver excellent work? Do you give valued services to the clients?
Well, I decided to share what I consider the basics in website designing:-
1. Understand the type of business you’re designing a website for.
This is what I consider the most of all important points when designing a website. When you get a chance to meet the client or receive an email from one of interested people in your service, please take time to understand what kind of business is that person doing. Do not hurry up to give out your pricing or quotation however much we all look forward to payments. Whenever you understand the following then your likely to have it all right from the start:-
2. Plan thoroughly your website layout:
Someone can only tell how beautiful your website will be at completion when he/she looks at sketch or layout. You must think it through before getting down to coding.
I personally do my layouts on paper when I have a very tricky, hard to design website, mostly when it holds lots of content…….it works for me. I don’t know about you. But all in all you must come up with sketch or Layout.
3. Navigation or menu: What makes a website simple, smart, systematic, friendly and traffic attracting is the navigation or the menu.
Whenever you design a website and users have to look a menu as if it’s a hidden treasure, then you’re bound to chase all the people away. Always make sure your menu is the position someone can easily read it.
A menu should come from the client’s content. Avoid using words that users have to get a dictionary or visit Google to understand them.
4. Fonts: As designers we always want to experiment with so many font styles and we forget the basics. Fonts are very crucial in website designing. Fonts must be readable, attractive and eye catching to make that website a gold mine for your client. Below is what I could advise on fonts:-
5. Optimized Images or Graphics: Like they say images speak a lot of words. Nicely designed, optimized images make a website look very professional, download fast and attract a lot of traffic.
Therefore avoid using:-
6. Search Engine friendly: You must focus on how users or search engines will find the newly designed website.
Pick out major keywords from the website content. Those keywords are always put in Meta tags in the header. Make sure keywords in Meta tags are not repeated.
Always choose what will be your title …must be something easily grasped or cached by the search engine.
Use optimized images that are search engine friendly.
7. Color: Color says a lot about the website, who designed it, who owns it and what particular group of people it’s targeting.
Background color, font color, heading colors all must be balanced very well to avoid color crash. Color schemes are very important. Color scheme matters a lot. Always focus what a user or visitors will see not what you see (always).
8. Testing: Always have your work looked at by either your workmates or friends. Try out your newly designed website in different web browsers, operating system environments, and different screen resolutions.
It is time we do things by ourselves but we have to first learn how they work , I hate copying and in Uganda that seems to be the norm of the day , from buildings ,malls, business people copy each other . Let us start from simple things why hire I know some times it’s a necessity but we have to do it ourselves. Enough of the crap let get back to business let us build something.
Get hold of your favorite components and let us start to assemble/install them to get your monster rig up? Do not worry, this guide will help you begin from scratch and give step by step instructions so that you can get your new PC up and running in a short amount of time. So here we go!
Am assuming you have a broadband link that you want to use in your office or at home on more than one computer, right?
If so, you’re just in the right place for great tips on how you can have that internet connection shared among the computers you have.
First before we move on sharing internet connection, answer the questions below?
Are you tired of your current internet service provider-ISP? You what to switch to another one you had on adverts? Well, when switching to another ISP you should first consider taking a survey on all the different ones available on the market. Make sure the one can meet your needs.
I decided to compile a few tips that will help you make an educated decision instead of just jumping into a service agreement with an ISP that has glittering bells and whistles.
Before choosing among your options, take the time to do the research. First answer these simple questions, which you can then use as a guide to making an informed choice of an ISP:
For those that like an email application program with nice graphics, more features and better presentation of your emails then Microsoft outlook is a way to go. With Microsoft outlook, setup is a little bit different from that of Microsoft outlook express.
Microsoft Outlook comes with Microsft Office software (It can be Office 2003, or Office 2007 or any new version)
Follow the steps below to have your emails downloaded using m/s outlook.
I assume you have got all the settings needed from your service provider. Not yet? Well you better ask for the following:-